Task leader: CNRS
Principal Investigator: Emmanuel Negrier
WP4 addresses the central challenge of providing an assessment of the strategies and effectiveness of cultural policy and institutions in taking full advantage of the potential benefits of culture for society.
Linking with the results of the previous phase of the research, this WP focuses on the comparative analysis of public intervention in culture, on the two vectors that have been most characteristic of the promotion of democratic cultural policy since its institutionalization in the 60s: that of policies aimed at the redistribution of cultural value (democratizing policies) and that of policies aimed at the creation of cultural value (development policies).
There are two areas to investigate in this WP followed by a conclusive reflection:
- Cultural policy configurations and strategies fostering the plurality of values of culture
- Cultural policy configurations and strategies fostering cultural diversity, equality and inclusiveness
- Towards more complex and efficient cultural policy models
The specific objectives of WP4
- To provide a comprehensive analytical view of the cultural policy coherence in relation with the promotion of the values of culture both in an internal inter-territorial perspective and with respect to value configurations in society;
- To provide a comprehensive analytical view of cultural policy effectiveness and impact in fostering the plurality of values of culture and also cultural diversity, equality and inclusiveness;
- To produce general policy guidelines in this domain, especially in relation with information systems and the assessment and evaluation systems that govern administrations and cultural institutions.