Task leader: University of Porto
Principal Investigator: Joao Teixeira Lopes
The second WP is aimed at analyzing the emergence of values linked to culture in practical contexts and in the field of cultural policy and cultural administrations.
With regard to the practical area, the processes of emergence that is studied are located in four fundamental structural frameworks:
- the framework of cultural participation of citizenship (in the context of cultural institutions or in other more informal and extensive contexts)
- the framework of specialized cultural production and preservation
- the framework of the new world of digital cultural communication.
On the other hand, the inquiry about the emergence of values linked to culture in the field of cultural policy and cultural administrations is focused on the formulation of missions and agendas of objectives.
- Cultural participation and engagement in cultural life and the arts
- New realms for the creation of cultural value: television, social media and internet
- Value configuration in the professional sectors of cultural production and heritage
- Cultural policy perspectives on cultural value
The specific objectives of WP2 are:
- to identify the plurality of values of culture in cultural participation in live arts and culture
- to identify the plurality of values of culture in cultural participation through media
- to identify the plurality of values of culture in cultural production and heritage management
- to identify the plurality of values of culture in cultural administration
- identify tensions, conflicts and public controversies in these four domains.