Work Package Leader: University of Porto
Principal Investigator: Joao Teixeira Lopes
WP2 is aimed at analyzing the emergence of values linked to culture in practical contexts and in the field of cultural policy and cultural administrations.
Specific objectives of WP2
- to identify the plurality of values of culture in cultural participation in live arts and culture
- to identify the plurality of values of culture in cultural participation through media
- to identify the plurality of values of culture in cultural production and heritage management
- to identify the plurality of values of culture in cultural administration
- identify tensions, conflicts and public controversies in these four domains.
Areas of investigation
On one hand, with regard to the practical areas of investigation, the processes of emergence is studied in 4 fundamental structural frameworks:
- the framework of cultural participation of citizenship (in the context of cultural institutions or in other more informal and extensive contexts)
- the framework of specialized cultural production and preservation
- the framework of the new world of digital cultural communication
On the other hand, the inquiry about the emergence of values linked to culture in the field of cultural policy and cultural administrations is focused on the formulation of missions and agendas of objectives:
- Cultural participation and engagement in cultural life and the arts
- New realms for the creation of cultural value: television, social media and internet
- Value configuration in the professional sectors of cultural production and heritage
- Cultural policy perspectives on cultural value
- D2.1 Report on WP2 case studies. Download PDF.
The partner responsible for this deliverable is the University of Porto.
This Deliverable reports, to each of the four thematic areas (Cultural participation in live arts and culture , Cultural participation through media, Cultural production and heritage management, Cultural administration), the criteria mobilized to select the case studies within each Research Plan.